Washoe Lake South
- DIFFICULTY:   easy
- ESTIMATE DISTANCE TO CLIMB (feet):   1000 (Trail Cross Section)
- DISTANCE FROM I80/395 INTERCHANGE (miles):   23.3
- START LAT/LONG:   N39 deg 14.72', W119 deg 45.48'
- End LAT/LONG:       N39 deg 14.14', W119 deg 45.16'
- ROUTE TO TRAIL BEGINNING (miles from I 80/US 395 interchange):
0.0 South US 395
9.8 Exit 57B Carson (Stay on US 395)
11.6 Left on East Lake Blvd
18.3 (6.7) Park at Park Headquarters
- GEOLOGICAL SURVEY MAP QUADRANGLE:   Carson City.
A small trail map which loads rapidly and a
large printable trail map which takes several minutes
to load into a separate window.
- TRAIL SYNOPSIS:   Travels
through desert shubbery. Trail is easy except for washed out section
under Power lines. Joins jeep trails which can be followed to a hiltop. Views of
Lake Washoe and Slide Mountain (photograph).
- TRAIL DESCRIPTION (first number is distance in miles):
0.0 Park next to Park Headquaters and follow trail on south side
of parking lot marked ‘Deadman's Creek Trail'
0.3 Under power lines ends follow trail under power line
0.5 Trail joins jeep trail. Follow jeep trail
1.1 Turn left on trail that heads towards McClellen Peak Road
1.5 Take first left on jeep trail heading up to the top of a hill
1.9 On top of hill (marked Nine Hill on topographic map)
Trail Cross Section