- DIFFICULTY:   moderate to easy
- ESTIMATE DISTANCE TO CLIMB (feet):   1300 (Trail Cross Section)
- DISTANCE FROM I80/395 INTERCHANGE (miles):   11.0
- START LAT/LONG:   N39 deg 31.32', W119 deg 57.67'
- END LAT/LONG:       N39 deg 33.11', W119 deg 57.61'
- ROUTE TO TRAIL BEGINNING (miles from I 80/US 395 interchange):
0.0 West I 80 from interchange
9.0 Exit 5 (East) Verdi
9.1 Straight on Business Route I 80
9.8 Park after cliffs. Walk through gate on right side of road
- GEOLOGICAL SURVEY MAP QUADRANGLE:   Verdi.
A small trail map which loads rapidly and a
large printable trail map which takes several minutes
to load into a separate window.
- TRAIL SYNOPSIS:     Starts from a
road pull off. Hikes through grass and desert shubbery. Views of the Trukee
River Valley. Eventually joins a jeep trail. Two small springs off the jeep trail
- TRAIL DESCRIPTION (first number is distance in miles):
0.0 Pass through gate. Continue up valley
0.3 Under power lines
0.7 Cross petroleum lines
0.8 After leaving valley. Take right turn
1.5 Join jeep trail. Take left fork
2.1 Jeep trail T's with jeep trail. Make left turn
2.3 Spring. Make left turn on jeep trail
2.6 Take jeep trail to the right uphill
3.0 On top of ridge
Trail Cross Section