- DIFFICULTY:   moderate (distance and height)
- ESTIMATE DISTANCE TO CLIMB (feet):   1600 (Trail Cross Section)
- DISTANCE FROM I80/395 INTERCHANGE (miles):   7.6
- START LAT/LONG:   N39 deg 32.54', W119 deg 52.41'
- END LAT/LONG:       N39 deg 35.35', W119 deg 55.71'
- ROUTE TO TRAIL BEGINNING (miles from I 80/US 395 interchange):
0.0 West I80
5.5 Exit #9. Robb Dr. drive to the west
10.0 Park at end of Robb Dr
10.0+ alk on the dirt road that starts at the end of Robb Dr
- GEOLOGICAL SURVEY MAP QUADRANGLE:   Verdi.
A small trail map which loads rapidly and a
large printable trail map which takes several minutes
to load into a separate window.
- TRAIL SYNOPSIS:     Follows
National Forest Service roads from the end of a residential road towards Mt Peavine.
Roads travel through desert shubbery with occational groves of pines.
Views of Reno.
- TRAIL DESCRIPTION (first number is distance in miles):
0.0 Start hiking at end of Robb Dr
0.3 Road forks. Take right fork
0.6 Road T's. Take right
0.7 Road T's. Take left
1.0 Road forks. Take right
1.2 Road junction. Turn left uphill
2.2 Road forks. Take left (Marked NFS649)
2.3 NFS649B road joins from left. Continue on NFS649
To to right Follow jeep road along fence line
join NFS642. Go right.
Stop at grove of trees.
Trail Cross Section