- DIFFICULTY:   moderate (distance and height)
- ESTIMATE DISTANCE TO CLIMB (feet):   1200 (Trail Cross Section)
- DISTANCE FROM I80/395 INTERCHANGE (miles):   6.3
- START LAT/LONG:   N39 deg 35.46', W119 deg 50.73'
- END LAT/LONG:       N39 deg 34.43', W119 deg 54.10'
- ROUTE TO TRAIL BEGINNING (miles from I 80/US 395 interchange):
0.0 North 395
5.0 Exit #73 Golden Valley Exit toward the west. Stay on Golden Valley Road
6.0 Left on Yorkshire Dr
6.4 (0.4 miles) Right Wellington Dr. Wellington Dr turns into Gladstone Dr
6.6 (0.3) Left on Burgess Dr
6.7 Park beside small park
6.7+ alk up on road beside water tower
- GEOLOGICAL SURVEY MAP QUADRANGLE:   Reno and Verdi.
A small trail map which loads rapidly and a
large printable trail map which takes several minutes
to load into a separate window.
- TRAIL SYNOPSIS:   Follows
National Forest Service roads from the end of a residential road towards towards Peavine.
Roads travel through desert shubbery and ends in a pine grove.
Views of Reno.
- TRAIL DESCRIPTION (first number is distance in miles):
0.0 Start hike from the end of Burgess Dr. Walk up beside water tower
0.5 NFS664 sign. Make right turn and head away from water tower
0.7 Road junction. NFS665 joins NFS664. Continue straight
0.8 Under power lines
0.8 Two roads come from left. Continue on NF664
1.2 Road junction.NFS664 T's into NFS662. Turn right on NFS662.
... Within 100 yards take a left on NF652C
... Walk 100 yards up hill to a fence and take right on NFS662B
1.6 Five way road junction. Straight is NFS653 and right is NFS648.
... Take NFS652 which is to the right in between NFS653 and NFS648.
2.3 Road (NFS652B) T's from left. Make left turn and follow NFS652.
3.8 NF649C comes from right and T's with NFS652. Continue straight on NFS652
4.0 Stop at second grove
NOTE: NFS stands for National Forest Service. The road signs are often knocked
... down or missing.
- GEOLOGY:  .
Trail Cross Section