- DIFFICULTY:   easy (stream crossings)
- ESTIMATE DISTANCE TO CLIMB (feet):   600 (Trail Cross Section)
- DISTANCE FROM I80/395 INTERCHANGE (miles):   8.7
- START LAT/LONG:   N39 deg 31.21', W119 deg 55.31'
- END LAT/LONG:       N39 deg 31.55', W119 deg 54.83'
- ROUTE TO TRAIL BEGINNING (first number is distance in miles):
0.0 Take I 80 west from interchange.
7.7 Mogul Exit. (Exit #7) Follow road which parallels I80 (4th Street).
7.9 Turn right on Lemming St.
8.2 Turn right on Cliff View Road.
8.7 Turn Right on Cliff View Court.
8.7+ Park just before small bridge that cross stream. Trail exits the road on the north east side of the bridge.
- GEOLOGICAL SURVEY MAP QUADRANGLE:   Verdi.
A small trail map which loads rapidly and a
large printable trail map which takes several minutes
to load into a separate window.
- TRAIL SYNOPSIS:   Travels through a small valley and along a stream.
During spring and early summer, steam has water supporting various plants and flowers.
Eventually, trail reaches the Northgate Golf Course and then travels up to the top of a hill
with views of Reno and Mogul.
- TRAIL DESCRIPTION (first number is distance in miles):
0.0 Parallel stream and passes along fences behind houses.
0.2 Under water aqueduct.
0.2 to 0.8 Cross over stream approximately 8 times
0.8 Take right fork in trail
1.4 Trail T's with a jeep trail. Take jeep trail to right.
1.8 Parallel North Gate Golf Course fence.
2.2 Jeep trail T's with jeep trail. Take jeep trail to the right
2.3 Jeep trail T's with jeep trail. Take jeep trail to the right.
2.5 Jeep trail reaches top of hill.
Trail Cross Section