Callahan Ranch Road
- DIFFICULTY:   Easy
- ESTIMATE DISTANCE TO CLIMB (feet):   600 (Trail Cross Section)
- DISTANCE FROM I80/395 INTERCHANGE (miles):   15.3
- START LAT/LONG:   N39 deg 22.38', W119 48.45'
- END LAT/LONG:       N39 deg 22.05', W119 47.17'
- ROUTE TO TRAIL BEGINNING (first number is distance in miles):
0.0 South on 395
10.5 Exit 56 West on Mt Rose Road Nevada Route 431
13.2 Left on Fawn Lane
14.2 park at end of pavement on Fawn Lane
- GEOLOGICAL SURVEY MAP QUADRANGLE:   Mt Rose NE and Washoe City.
A small trail map which loads rapidly and a
large printable trail map which takes several minutes
to load into a separate window.
- TRAIL SYNOPSIS:   Climbs up Steamboat Hills.
Follows jeep trail at times steep with loose rocks, but generally easy. Views of Reno
(to the north), Mt Rose (to the west), and Washoe Lake (to the south).
- TRAIL DESCRIPTION (first number is distance in miles):
0.0 Park at end of Fawn Lane
0.4 top of 1st ridge
0.8 walking under power lines
1.2 fork in road. Go straight
1.3 jeep trail T's. Go right
1.7 road splits. Take left
1.8 on top of hill.
- GEOLOGY:   brown stone
- PLANTS:   rabbits, ground squirrels, and quail
- ANIMALS:   sage bush and a some scrub pine
Trail Cross Section