- DIFFICULTY:   Moderate
- ESTIMATE DISTANCE TO CLIMB (feet):   1400 (Trail Cross Section)
- DISTANCE FROM I80/395 INTERCHANGE (miles):   7.9
- START LAT/LONG:   N39 28.75255 W119 51.54773
- END LAT/LONG:       N39 27.31864 W119 52.77661
- ROUTE TO TRAIL BEGINNING (first number is distance in miles):
0.0 West on I 80
4.0 Exit #10 South on McCarran Blvd
7.4 Right on Caughlin Parkway
7.7 Left on Village Green
7.8 Right on Pine Bluff Rd just before power station
7.9 park at end of street
- GEOLOGICAL SURVEY MAP QUADRANGLE:   Mt Rose NE.
A small trail map which loads rapidly and a
large printable trail map which takes several minutes
to load into a separate window.
- TRAIL SYNOPSIS:   Follows jeep trails west from near McCarran Blvd
into the mountains. Starts in juniper and sage brush which changes into a pine forest.
Basaltic with occasional fossilized geothermal springs.
- TRAIL DESCRIPTION (first number is distance in miles):
0.0 Park next to power station
0.1 left onto jeep trail heading back towards hills
0.5 left turn onto jeep trail that parallels hillside
1.6 right turn on jeep trail heading uphill
2.3 left on jeep trail heading up hill
Printable Map (large)
Trail Cross Section